Below is a partial list of benefits and strengths of municipal authorities that should be considered when faced with privatization.
- Local Ownership and Control
- Low rates, non-profit driven
- Tax-exempt financing, tie in with low rates
- PUC exemption
- Non-franchise territories, no service area limitations
- Non-stockholder driven, more responsive and timely
- Tapping fees used as alternative source of revenue
- Appointed as opposed to elected board
- Less risk, less long-term investment interest
- Surplus funds invested back in the business/service
- Representation and responsible member of community
- No foreign investment
Proudly serving Upper Southampton residents since 1946.